Thursday, August 8, 2013

All I See Is Black (#025)

[ZS]

It lives! Once again, my apologies for the delay. Looks like these compilations will be hitting the web with less frequency moving forward, but I'm definitely not ready to drop the blog altogether. What can I say? I'm a busy guy, and although I have a lot of fun putting these things together, I unfortunately can't place them high on my list of priorities. Frankly, even if I didn't have about five thousand other things going on, trying to keep these coming out at the weekly rate that I used to and still managing to keep the content fresh would be difficult. Anyway, edition number twenty-five is a scorcher. Nineteen tracks and a gradual slide from loud, angry, and dark at the opening of the hour to decidedly lighter fare at the close. Dig in.

1. NEUROSIS - BLACK
pulled from "Pain Of Mind"
2. DISCHARGE - STATE VIOLENCE STATE CONTROL
pulled from "The Clay Punk Singles Collection"
3. F.O.D. - HOUSES MADE FOR MANNEQUINS
pulled from "Shatter Your Day"
4. SOCIAL UNREST - JIMMY ROCKS
pulled from "The Complete Studio Recordings: Vol. 1"
5. TUMOR CIRCUS - THE MAN WITH THE CORKSCREW EYES
pulled from "Tumor Circus"
6. THE EX - WEAPONS FOR EL SALVADOR
pulled from "Singles. Period."
7. HICKOIDS - YOU KIN LEAD A HOSS TO WATER, BUT HE STILL DRINKS ON HIS OWN
pulled from "Corn Demon"
8. FRICTION - DEAR RICHARD
pulled from "Cleveland Rarities: Terminal Drive [Datapanik In The Year Zero]"
9. ARTERY - POTENTIAL SILENCE
pulled from "Afterwards (Recordings From 1979 To 1983)"
10. NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS - THE BALLAD OF ROBERT MOORE AND BETTY COLTRANE
pulled from "B-Sides & Rarities"
11. THE SONICS - I'M GOING HOME
pulled from "Introducing The Sonics"
12. THEE MIGHTY CAESARS - YOU'LL BE SORRY NOW
pulled from "Surely They Were The Sons Of God"
13. THE STRANGLERS - LET ME INTRODUCE YOU TO THE FAMILY
pulled from "La Folie"
14. THE BEAKERS - FOOTBALL SEASON'S IN FULL SWING
pulled from "Four Steps Toward A Cultural Revolution"
15. SOFT BOYS - I WANT TO BE AN ANGLEPOISE LAMP
pulled from "1976-81"
16. TONIO K. - HOW COME I CAN'T SEE YOU IN MY MIRROR?
pulled from "Life In The Foodchain"
17. PORK DUKES - MELODY MAKER, YOU'RE JUST A BUNCH OF WANKERS
pulled from "All The Filth!"
18. KING KURT - BACK ON THE DOLE
pulled from "Big Cock"
19. THE MONKS - SUSPENDED ANIMATION
pulled from "Suspended Animation"

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been on a pc for some days now.
    I hope all is well with your health and life!
    Thanks for another addition!
    Cheers
    V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep on rocking, bud. I've been busier than usual lately and haven't been able to get the newest one (or listen to #24 in its entirety) yet. They look good though!

    ReplyDelete