Friday, January 11, 2013

External Control: 1980 (#009)

[ZS]
(Re-upped 3/13/14)

I covered 1979 and 1981, so I figured I might as well go ahead and close the gap. Twenty tracks from 1980, all of them rather excellent. Stylistically, it's fairly broad, but it certainly sounds like the year it represents. The end of one decade and the beginning of another. I enjoy it.

Oh, and by the way, System System System, Hurts More Than Pain, and Real World Real Time have been re-upped.

1. JIM CARROLL BAND - IT’S TOO LATE
2. THE JAM - SET THE HOUSE ABLAZE
3. WIPERS - IMAGE OF MAN
4. THE DAMNED - HIT OR MISS
5. X - NAUSEA
6. SOFT BOYS - POSITIVE VIBRATIONS
7. THE SOUND - HEARTLAND
8. CINECYDE - YOU’RE DRAGGIN’ ME DOWN
9. CRISIS - LAUGHING
10. THE NUNS - CHILD MOLESTER
11. STIFF LITTLE FINGERS - NOBODY’S HERO
12. UNDERTONES - NINE TIMES OUT OF TEN
13. ROKY ERICKSON - CREATURE WITH THE ATOM BRAIN
14. ZERO BOYS - LIVIN’ IN THE ‘80S
15. X (AUSTRALIA) - I DON’T WANNA GO OUT
16. FORGOTTEN REBELS - FUCK ME DEAD
17. YOUNG CANADIANS - DATA REDUX
18. CRASS - BIG A, LITTLE A
19. THE EX - THE SKY IS BLUE AGAIN
20. BAUHAUS - DOUBLE DARE

8 comments:

  1. Hello Mike Could you please reupload this one??

    Cheers!!
    V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on re-ups of all the BM compilations. They'll probably be ready late in the evening.

      Delete
    2. Re-upped. Please let me know if you're having trouble getting the file from DivShare.

      Delete
  2. Hey Mike!
    Thanks for the re-up!
    There wasn't a problem with DivShare.
    As a suggestion,you could use zippyshare,
    it looks like it's the new mediafire (instant download thing).
    And people in blogs don't seem to have problems with it..

    Thanks for the Great Music!
    Greetings From Greece
    V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll "second" Zippyshare. It seems pretty good right now- fast and supports parralel downloads- but you never know when it will go to shit. Then again, you never know when any of them will.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are several that I need to research. DivShare works alright, but it's not as user-friendly as I'd like. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, and I hope everyone's enjoying the latest comp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I concur with the commenter above. #009 definitely kicks ass! Just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete