Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Replacements - Stink (1982)

 

The Replacements evolved quickly from the standard fast and short punk sound that they started with, but the Stink EP sticks to that formula. It served them well for the Sorry Ma, Forgot To Take Out The Trash LP one year prior, and these eight songs prove they'd have been a force to reckon with even if their sound hadn't "matured." Frankly, I prefer the early, more aggressive recordings. I love the entire Replacements discography, and even a lot of Westerberg's solo material, but I find myself playing the first few primitive releases on a much more regular basis.

MEDIAFIRE

6 comments:

  1. Great, great website. I just stumbled onto it while searching for The Replacements Stink EP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been about 10 years since I owned this EP. Found at Best Buy and borrowed some $ from my brother to get it, even though I had never heard anything from them. Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the password?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Password is always beardedmenace.

      Delete
    2. Same guy here, nevermind I figured it out.

      Delete
  4. hi there , bloody mediafire its dead
    now what ?
    we need STINK!

    ReplyDelete