Friday, January 27, 2012

Dead Kennedys - Live At The Deaf Club (1979)


There was a lot of controversy surrounding this release when it hit stores back in 2004, with Jello Biafra going so far as to outright discourage fans from buying it. This was following a court decision that essentially barred Alternative Tentacles from selling Kennedys music. I won't go into all the details here, although I followed it closely at the time. I will say, however, that while I think there's something to be said for both sides of the argument, it's hard to deny that Biafra was, in fact, the principal songwriter in the band. If you're at all familiar with his non-DK musical ventures (not to mention the rest of the Kennedys virtual total absence from music after the dissolution of the band), it's fairly obvious. Legal issues aside though, this is a terrific album. The sound quality is great, as well as the performance. An essential document in the birth of California hardcore.

MEDIAFIRE

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for running this blog. I think you've got great taste in music and spent the last couple hours combing through every post you've made on your blog. I downloaded a shit-ton of the albums, and I wanted to thank you for putting this together.

    I'll be sure to buy the records that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i owe you! :p freaking love your blog,and if i discover some new good music I'll be sure to put it in your wishlist :D dont stop what you're doing! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. password plz

    ..and great job dude!!

    ReplyDelete